WHERE TO OBTAIN YOUR HAWAII MARRIAGE LICENSE
A marriage license is required to be married in Hawaii, but it is a simple procedure and is recognized in all states as well as internationally.
We recommend having the license application (available below) completed prior to your arrival on the islands. It will then take approximately 30 minutes at the health department.
Hawaii State Department of Health
1250 Punchbowl Street
Honolulu, Hi 96813
Tel (808) 586 4544
Hours: 7:45 am – 4 pm (Hawaii Standard Time)
Location: The Hawaii State Health Department is located on the NW corner of Beretania St. and Punchbowl St. Public metered parking available.
The Department of Health is closed on state and federal holidays.
REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR HAWAII MARRIAGE LICENSE:
- None unless… you are under 18 or have been widowed or divorced within 30 days of another marriage. Parental approval or documentation required.
- You must go together to the Health Department; $65 license fee, cash only. ID required. Appointments recommended.
- Be sure to ask for an ‘Apostille’ stamp if you are from a foreign country!
- No blood tests, no waiting periods; no residency or citizenship requirements.
- No witness/witnesses required.
- The officiants of My Hawaii Wedding are fully licensed by the State of Hawaii.
- Name of your wedding officiate: Rev. Rosemary Hill or associates
- Official State of Hawaii Marriage Certificate will be mailed within 90 – 120 days.
- To apply for your Marriage License online, click here. You may pay with a credit card to the Hawaii State Health Dept.
CONGRATULATIONS! And don’t forget to bring your completed license to the ceremony.