A marriage license is required to be married in Hawaii but is a simple procedure and is recognized in all states as well as internationally.
We recommend having the license application (available below) completed prior to your arrival on the islands. It will then take approximately 30 minutes at the Health Department.
Where to obtain your Hawaii Marriage License
Hawaii State Department of Health
1250 Punchbowl Street
Honolulu, Hi 96813
Tel (808) 586 4544
Hours: 7:45 am - 4 pm
Hawaii Pacific Time
Location: The Hawaii State Health Department is located on the NW corner of Beretania St. and Punchbowl St. Public metered parking available.
NEW: Marriage and Civil Union License Office in Waikiki
...... at the Sheraton Waikiki
This is a very convenient official office of the Hawaii State Department of Health
Office is open Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
***** Licensed must
be filled out and paid for online
before going to this office!
***** Call for appointment 808 931 8349
Directions: Take the right hand walkway at the front entrance of the hotel;
down the hall to RM 3217.... last room on the left!
The Department of Health is closed on state and federal holidays.
Weekend Hawaii Marriage License
Please call or email: Ms. Sheri Luning: 808 523 1880; email@example.com
Sheri lives near Waikiki and requires an appointment within 30 days of your arrival. You may fax her your completed Marriage Application prior to your arrival: Fax: 415 946 3487
Requirements for your Hawaii Marriage License:
CONGRATULATIONS! and don’t forget to bring your completed license to the ceremony.
- None unless …. you are under 18 or have been widowed or divorced with 30 days of another marriage. Parental approval or documentation required.
- You must go together to the Health Department; $60 license fee, cash only. ID required.
- No blood tests, no waiting periods; no residency or citizenship requirements
- The officiates of My Hawaii Wedding are fully licensed by the State of Hawaii.
- Name of your wedding officiate: Rev. Rosemary Hill
- Official State of Hawaii Marriage Certificate will be mailed within 90 – 120 days. Or you may expedite your license for an additional $10 fee after the ceremony. My Hawaii Wedding recommends this procedure.
- You may download the Hawaii marriage application at www.http://health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/files/2013/05/marriagelicense.pdf and fill out at your convenience.
- OR apply for your Marriage License online, pay with a credit card directly to the Hawaii State Health Dept.: Click Here